Learn how to attach a dust collector to a Prep/Master Floor Grinder for a safer,…
How to Maintain Your Floor Grinder
When you invest in a high-quality floor grinder, like the Prep/Master 3030 or Prep/Master 3025 floor grinder, you want it to have a long lifespan while ensuring quality results for every use. While Prep/Master grinding machines offer the quality and durability you need, it’s important to provide daily maintenance to keep your machine in good working order. Watch the video below or read the steps outlined for what you need to do each day.
Inspecting Your Floor Grinder
Before your begin using your floor grinder it’s important to inspect it thoroughly. Do a walkthrough of these steps to make sure it’s safe to use.
- Check your electrical cord for any cuts or bulges. If you discover any damage, remove and replace the electrical cord before using your floor grinder.
- Inspect the plug for any exposed wiring or other damage.
- Check the connection cables where the go into the machine to see if there are loose connections. Tighten the bolts with channel locks rather than tighten by hand.
- Check and add oil as needed and clean your dust filter.
- Check under the machine to ensure the tool plate and adapters are in good condition with no burrs, chips, or missing parts. Also, look closely at the couplers for any bulges. A damaged coupler can lead to uneven cuts or deep gouges in your slab.
- Check the gear box assembly for any oil leaks from the motor.
- Around the bottom of the shroud are the rubber dust bands that contain debris and slurry. Check these bands for any cracks or wear.
In addition to this, make sure your dust collection machine is properly attached, and you’ll be ready to start your work for the day.
Using a Maintenance Kit for Your Floor Grinder
Keep maintenance equipment on hand for your floor grinder so you’re prepared for emergencies. For propane powered machines, this should include:
- Oil filter
- One quart of oil
- Bonnet filter
- Air filters
- Two spark plugs
We carry maintenance kits for your Prep/Master Floor Grinders so you always have what you need in the event of a minor breakdown. In addition to the propane kit, our Prep/Master electric floor grinder repair kit includes:
- Two 602 Morflex couplers
- Three Quick change EG female adapters
- Three Woodruff keys
- Eight 3-inch bolts and washers for couplers
- Six M8 bolts, lock washers, and flat washers
Get Your Floor Grinding Accessories Today
From upgrades to maintenance kits, we have everything you need to maximize the performance of your Prep/Master floor grinder. To learn more or to place an order, give us a call at +1 (815) 941-4800 or fill out the contact form below.
Contact FormWe would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get back to you shortly.